After having previously read a report of an experiment in 1991 by Maclean’s magazine in Toronto Canada, a few members of the Kodiak Co-op convened a meeting to discuss the possibility that a political action group could be a good way to inspire people to join the Co-op.
Most people recognize that governance in the USA is severely compromised by peoples’ lack of trust in their politicians and the politicians lack of trust in the general population.
As described in his book “Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness Version 4.0 ” Gordon Anderson writes that unless something is done about it, everyone will suffer especially our children.
The writings of many eminent scholars provide credibility to the need for powerful change at a grassroots level. For example, Einstein, Buckminster Fuller, M. Scott Peck, Stephen Covey, Tom Atlee, Peter Corning, Paul Tillich, Roman Kryznaric, …and many more…
The group agreed that if our nation and world are to be changed, it cannot be done by the use of force. It cannot be done using the political process as it presently stands. Even change brought about by financial power will eventually be brought down. We must bring change one problem at a time, by democratic means.
We agreed that the core values of the New World Co-op would be a fine basis for dialogue and making decisions.
- Any Local Co-op could voluntarily establish a Citizen Consensus Council as one of its Connect Groups, then, through our network of Local Co-ops we envision that the we could promote citizen involvement in decision making, which is very lacking at the moment.
- All Local Co-ops could submit suggestions for a topic of concern to their Citizen Consensus Council (CCC).
- Then by a process we have yet to decide upon, several Local Co-ops could reach a consensus as to which topic we can jointly work on.
- Then each Local CCC group would seek out experts on as many sides of the issue as possible to inform them.
- Then each Local CCC group would discuss the issue using our core values to resolve the diversity of opinions to arrive at a consensus.
- Each Local CCC posts the results of their deliberations on their Local Co-op website.
The aim ultimately, is to educate Co-op members in the effectiveness of reaching agreement through the synergy process, by actually harnessing the tension between divergent views and opinions.
The universal principles of relationships as taught by Reverend Moon, -Dual Characteristics, Unity through Give and Receive Action, God’s love in the Indirect Dominion during the period of growth and Gods’ love in the Direct Dominion can inform us clearly that;
- Through the ages, human relationships have developed through three stages from Win-Lose, to Win-Win and will be completed in this age of
Win-Win-Win. Where the third “Win” is a win for God, meaning the parties must seek to understand Gods viewpoint.
- When human relationships strive to fulfill the Triple Objects Purpose and Four Position Foundation, synergy will always appear. This is because, while the parties to the relationship are initially in the Indirect Dominion of God, synergy is the way in which God rewards His children when they establish good conditions by fulfilling their responsibility in relation to at least one other person.
- Once a person learns to make this a habit, they enter the Direct Dominion of God which is equivalent to “emergence”. At this point a person is always living for the sake of others, with the same heart and wisdom as God.
- Synergy requires diversity and give and receive action (cooperation) between at least two parties. This is why the universe was created with diversity so that Gods love could be revealed.
- We must use the current democratic process but we must infuse it with synergy – meaning with Gods’ love.
- Where ever there is division and contention our role is to act as ambassadors for peace, guiding and facilitating the parties to experience synergy.
Report by David Cooper